How To Prepare Your Car For Transport
When you are planning to move, there are so many things to consider. If you are using transport, however, one more set of tasks to add to the list is the process of preparing your vehicle for transport. There is more to the process than simply working things out with the transport company; you also need to do a few things to your vehicle to ensure a smooth transport process.
- Remove all personal effects from the vehicle: While car transport companies are often licensed and insured, your personal effects often don’t fall under that coverage. To avoid mishap, remove everything personal from the vehicle ahead of transport. This ensures that you don’t lose anything that you have to pay to replace after the car has been transported.
- Leave about a quarter tank of gas in the car: Cars are often priced for transport depending on weight. So the less fuel you have, the less your car will weight, thus resulting in a less expensive transport. However, you need to leave enough to get around upon arrival in your new city.
- Remove any items that can easily be removed from the exterior of the car: For instance, tool boxes, tire covers and any accessories you may have on the vehicle that come off should be removed. This protects your items during the cross country transport.
Tips For Moving Across The Country
Moving across the country can be such a harrowing experience, particularly if you aren’t quite sure of where you plan to move or don’t know much about your new neighborhood. There are seemingly tons of tasks to consider, as well, from booking a moving company to get your items to your new locale to shipping your vehicle. You also need to focus on employment issues, finding a place in which to live and learning about your new city. Consider a few tips on moving across the country to help you get settled in faster:
- Have your car shipped: If you have it shipped across country, you won’t have to worry about trying to drive it over such a long distance. This is cost effective and frees you up to focus on other elements of your move.
- Seek out essential services in your new locale: From the bank to the grocery store, the more you can find out about where the essential spots are, the more calm and organized you will feel about your move. Moving across the country can be stressful, but if you at least know where those places are that are essential to your tasks of daily living, you will feel just that much more at ease.
- Don’t be afraid to use aides to help you navigate: Once you have your vehicle shipped across the country and begin to drive around a bit, remember that you are new and may need some assistance finding the hot spots in your new town. Don’t be afraid, for instance, or ashamed to use your phone’s GPS system or a stand-alone one in your vehicle until you are comfortable with your new surroundings.