What is the Cheapest Way to Ship a Vehicle Cross-country?
Although moving to a new place can be an exciting experience, it can also be a stressful one as well. This is especially true when you’re planning on moving cross-country, and have more than one vehicle. So, the question that often arises is “How am I going to get my other vehicle to my new home?” Cross Country Car Shipping has the answer. For three decades, we’ve been transporting vehicles, RV’s, motorcycles, and boats across the country at the most competitive rates in the auto transport industry today. Thus, if you are considering us to ship your vehicle cross country, you need to know that we bring decades of experience in transporting and shipping vehicles across the country and overseas.
How do we transport your vehicle cross-country?
The auto transport industry uses a broad range of vehicle carriers, each of which is designed to handle different situations. For example, smaller carriers and trailers were developed to enable easier access while larger ones were designed to carry up to 8 or 9 vehicles at a time. In most cases, the more vehicles that can be shipped in the same trailer, the more affordable the rate. At Cross Country Car Shipping, we offer:
- Enclosed transport – although the cost is higher with this transport method, it offers the most protection and security for your vehicle. Enclosed transport is ideal for exotic, high-end, luxury, or vintage vehicles.
- Open transport – this is the most economical way to transport your vehicle. Because of this, it is also the most widely used transport method. Most vehicle manufacturers ship new vehicles to dealerships using open transport trailers. The downside is that this method offers little if any protection from environmental conditions and road hazards.
Although both transport methods have their advantages, we leave the decision up to the client as it is a matter of personal preference. However, if you are uncertain and cannot decide, our experts are available to help you make the right decisions based on your custom requirements.
How do we calculate vehicle shipping costs?
The more research you do regarding the cost of shipping your vehicle, the more you will learn about the process. At Cross Country Car Shipping, educating the client is a priority. Therefore, the more you know, the easier it will be to make a well-informed decision about the vehicle shipping company to use and the type of transport method to choose. When determining the cost to ship your vehicle, we consider the following factors:
- Distance between pick-up (also referred to as the point of origin) and delivery points
- Location of pick-up and delivery points (the closer to a popular travel route the less you pay for transport)
- Size and condition of the vehicle (the larger the vehicle, the more space required, and therefore, the higher the cost)
- Time of year (yes, there is a peak shipping season when rates are higher, usually mid-May to Labor Day)
Based on national averages, the median cost for shipping a vehicle is around $700 with short trips on open carriers costing $280 to $300 and cross-country in an enclosed carrier costing approximately $2,000 or more.
What is the cheapest cross-country vehicle transport method?
There are a number of options to consider when choosing a transport method that will fit your budget. Naturally, the most popular option is to ship your vehicle via auto transport. In most cases, the cheapest method for shipping a vehicle is open trailer, terminal-to-terminal transport. With this method, the transport company may have a network of terminals or depots where vehicles are delivered or picked up.
With terminal-to-terminal transport, the client is responsible for getting their vehicle to the shipping terminal and picking it up at the destination terminal. Although this is the cheapest way to ship a vehicle cross-country, it is not always the most convenient, especially if you live a long distance from either one. In most cases, these terminals are found in key metropolitan areas and larger cities.
Your best option is to ship your vehicle with Cross Country Car Shipping as we are vehicle transport industry experts. Open trailer transport will be you most economical option whereas enclosed trailer transport will be the costliest. The chart below will give you a better idea about shipping costs based on distance and transport method:
|Distance||Average cost||Enclosed transport||Open transport|
|3,000 miles||$1,500||Up to $2,000||$1,200|
Keep in mind that these costs are based on national averages and your price will vary. Call us for a free no obligation quote today. For more information, contact Cross Country Car Shipping today.Read Full Article Here
How much does it cost to Tow a Vehicle Cross-country?
Relocating cross-country is never easy. Needless to say, it can be difficult, disruptive, and expensive. Even worse is the fact that it will probably mean saying goodbye to other family members and close friends. When you have to move an entire household, it can be overwhelming. But when you have the additional worry of moving a second vehicle, this not only adds to the expense, it can add to the frustration as well.
What are your options when it comes to moving that second vehicle?
Many individuals are faced with the dilemma of moving a second car from one city to a new city, when relocating to another state or cross-country. Sometimes, it may not be feasible or practical to drive it yourself. Luckily, there are several options to consider when it comes to towing a vehicle cross-country:
- You can tow it behind a rental truck (Budget, Hertz, U-Haul, etc.) if it’s a DIY move
- You can tow it behind a pick-up truck or SUV
- You can drive the other vehicle yourself
- You can hire Cross Country Car Shipping to tow it for you
Another option, although one that is rarely considered, is selling the second vehicle and dealing with replacing it when you get to your new home.
Ultimately, the option typically comes down to four basic factors, namely convenience, cost, expediency, and safety. Although hiring an auto transport company is not the most cost-effective way to tow a vehicle cross-country, it is the most convenient and safest way to ship it there in a timely manner. And when you work with us, we ensure that your vehicle is properly secured and safe during transit. Additionally, we will deliver it on time, at the new location safely.
How does cross-country towing differ from standard towing?
Cross-country towing services and standard towing services are uniquely different in that you would normally contact the latter when your vehicle breaks down and you’re stranded somewhere. Under these circumstances, your vehicle would either be towed back to your home or to an auto mechanic for repair. Not only are standard towing companies expensive, they usually won’t travel that far. In addition to this, two wheels of your vehicle will remain on the ground while being towed.
With Cross Country Car Shipping, you’ll be relying on the experience and expertise of an auto transport company to tow your vehicle across state lines or from coast to coast. Trucks that will tow your vehicle long distances will usually be taking other vehicles on the tow trailer as well. These are more commonly referred to as auto carriers which can transport two levels of vehicles and are over 50 feet long. The benefit of these carriers or towing trailers is that no part of your vehicle is on the ground. That helps to safeguard your vehicle during the long transit distance.
What are the benefits of having us tow your vehicle?
Naturally, there are certain advantages to having Cross Country Car Shipping handle the task of towing your vehicle from its current location to your new home. As we mentioned above, using an auto transport company to tow your vehicle cross-country is all about convenience, expediency, and safety. There are 3 primary advantages to hiring our company to tow your vehicle:
- Less stress for you – driving cross country can be very stressful and tiring. Plus, it can be dangerous in some instances. Unexpected circumstances such as accidents, hazardous road conditions, and the weather are all factors to contend with. When we tow your vehicle, we alleviate the risks and your stress.
- Monetary savings – DIY vehicle towing can be costlier than having an auto transport company do the work. When you tow the vehicle, you not only have the dolly or trailer rental expense, there’s the cost of fuel, lodging, and meals to consider.
- Reliability and safety – we’ve built our reputation on being a reliable company that guarantees the safety of our customer’s vehicles. You’ll the have peace of mind that comes from knowing that your vehicle will be safe and secure while in transit.
How much does it cost to Tow a Vehicle Cross-country?
The cost to tow a vehicle cross-country varies based on certain factors such as distance, towing method chosen, size and weight of the vehicle (pick-ups, SUV’s, and vans cost more than cars to transport), and the time of year. Taking these factors into consideration, the average cost to tow a vehicle cross-country ranges from $750 to nearly $2,000 for high-end or vintage automobiles.Read Full Article Here