Average Price To Ship Car Across Country
So you need to ship your car across the country, and you’ve decided to work with an auto transport company.
Taking your car from A-Z can be a daunting task, but an auto transport company will essentially handle all the logistics for you, helping you get the job done stress-free. But, there is an issue many car owners have when it comes to vehicle shipping:
And to make matters worse, car shipping rates are rather confusing, and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of clear information online. Cross Country Car Shipping is here to help you understand how much cross country shipping costs.
What Is the Average Price of Car Shipping?
Calculating the average rates of the industry is a rather complicated task since rates can differ so much from company to company. Even the time of your asking for an estimate can change the rate, but more on that later.
Some calculations put the average cost of shipping a vehicle from Los Angeles to New York City at:
- $1,650, the national average
- $2,100 for enclosed shipping and rush services
- $1,200 for standard open carrier shipping
While these national averages can help you get a good idea of how much shipping your car across the country might cost, you should also know that vehicle shipping rates are influenced by many different factors.
What Can Influence Your Shipping Rates?
- Distance – A longer distance means paying more. But this is only the tip of the iceberg;
- Destination – Shipping to a big city s cheaper than to more remote areas because the carrier doesn’t have easy access to them;
- Season – If you need to ship during the summer, exp[ect higher rates simply because demand skyrockets during the summer months. If you want lower rates, it’s much better to plan your auto transport for the winter, however, the bad weather can delay shipping;
- The type of car you have – If you have a small vehicle, you’ll pay less than you would for a big minivan. It’s simply a matter of how much space your vehicle takes up;
- Special services – Door-to-door delivery, closed carriers, rush services, are all special add-ons that make auto shipping a lot more convenient, but they also increase the shipping rates.
So if you’re on a budget, it’s best to plan out your auto shipping and try to reduce your costs as much as possible.
How to Find out How Much Your Car Shipment Costs
Auto transport companies offer free estimates to help clients get a better sense of their rates. While the numbers are not set in stone, they do factor in the major elements that influence shipping rates.
If you want to know how much it costs to ship your vehicle with Cross Country Car Shipping, get your free estimate online or call us at 888-230-9834.